A few weeks ago the girls and I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with some friends. We always enjoy an afternoon with friends and were excited for days leading up to it, little did I know that I had even more reason to be excited about it. That afternoon is going to shape the next year of my life! I love when I can pin point exact moments that change life for the better. Are you curious yet? It is not a revolutionary idea but the simplicity is what makes it so perfect. Our, my dear friend April and I, simple idea is to intentionally celebrate our 39th year with 39 things. April came up with the idea (she and I both turn 39 this year), her thought is that if 40 is “over the hill” then 39 is the top of the hill. We both feel that this really is a special time in our lives, we are not old enough to be longingly looking back but we are old enough to not be waiting on the next thing …..drivers license, graduation, college, marriage, babies, etc. This time like no other is a place of freedom and contentment, I have never felt more secure in who God made me to be or more at peace with His calling on my life and this
I Want To Celebrate
I want to share my list with you and hope that you will make your own, no matter what year this is.
I am starting this 39th year with great expectation and excitement.
1. The Pearl Event---My precious friend Sibi is putting on the beautiful event and I am honored to go. She planned it on my 39th birthday so what an amazing way to kick of my year of celebration. I can not wait to be in the room with each of these godly women, I can not wait to see God move in the lives of each and every lady there, I can not wait to stand in a room with 200 women and praise The One True God, I can not wait to hear stories of grace, I can not wait to here how Our God saves, heals and redeems, I can not wait to meet new people, I can not wait to make new friends. I CAN NOT WAIT!
Friendship is something I place great value in. I want to invest deeply in those who make my life richer so I have decided that 12 of the celebrations on my list will be about doing just that. Each month I want to have friends into our home and share a meal with them so numbers 2-13 will be for each month.
Marriage is HUGE priority in this phase of my life. The girls are not as needy, now that they are older, and I have more free time to really invest in my husband. I plan to commit more time and effort into making it special, treating it like the thing of GREAT VALUE that it is.
14. & 15. Two weekends without kids
16. Once per week date nights. This does not mean we will be getting a sitter and going out each week but just setting aside time for the two of us with a plan and with no kids.
17. Have a picture made with just Jeremy. Like most couples we haven’t had our picture taken with just the two of us since our wedding. I have a plan for this picture and can’t wait to have it done in the fall.
18. Buy some pretty pajamas. I know my husband has to get tired of seeing me in faded yoga pants and big holey t-shirts.
The next section is about our “haven” or lack there of at the moment. Our master bedroom and bath are the most forgot and neglected rooms in our home. They are the dumping ground for all the things that I like but do not know what to do with……so these things sit in piles waiting in my bedroom. I have decided this has gone on for far to long, almost 14 years to be exact. So this year our bedroom and bathroom are top priority.
19. Sand, chalk, prime and paint all the trim in the bedroom and paint the walls
20. Make drapes, dust ruffle, pillows and roman shades
21. Build and paint bookcase wall
22. Sand, prime and paint furniture and lamps
23. Sand, chalk, prime and paint trim in bathroom and paint walls
24. make shower and window curtains
I want to have more fun as a family this year. I had a “wake up call” not too long ago when I is realized my oldest girl could only have 6 more summer vacations with us before she moves on to her life. I don’t know about you but that got this momma’s attention.
25. Ride roller coasters with my family
26. Have my toes in the sand at the beach, enjoying my favorite place in the world with my favorite people.
27. Family camping trip in a tent ( I will miss my travel trailer but will praise God that it is gone)
28. Spend Christmas in the great state of Louisiana with family celebrating Christ
29. Have once per month family game nights. Let the girls help plan them.
30. Have family pictures made
31. Learn to can with my grandmother and dad
This last section is more personal and all about ME, ME, ME!
32. Read the Bible in chronological order. I have never done this and do not easily put times together in my head so I am excited to read the Bible this way.
33. Start prayer journaling – again.
34. Lose 10 pounds. I would love it to be more but I want to pick a number that I am confident I can do because this list is about celebrating, ha.
35. Run a 5k,
36. Find a new perfume, I am very picky about fragrances and have a hard time finding ones I like. I still like my standard one but want something new.
37. Get a new camera lens. Since getting my camera two years ago I have spent more time taking pictures than ever before in our lives. This entire last year I have taken pictures only in manual and have started (baby steps) to understand how cameras work. I have a passion for taking pictures that I never knew was inside of me. The camera lens is my sweet husbands idea and his gift to me. He has watched me fall in love with photography and encouraged me and taken places just so I could take a picture. I am blessed to have someone know me so well and want me to have the desires of my heart.
38. & 39. are very private and personal so I will not be putting them in print.
As I finish each of these I plan to write about them and mark them off of my list.